Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Hangover


One event that has changed my life is one of the events at camp. When I go to camp, I'm away from my parents for 40 days and have to learn to become independent. At the camp I go to, we do our own laundry and also at points do volunteer service. One of the volunteer services that we did was working at a food bank in L.A. We packaged, sorted, and distributed many donated items to those who are less fortunate then me and my fellow campers. Many of the people that came had on very worn out clothes, many with holes in them. This experience helped me get out of the bubble I live in and see what many people are actually going through in these tough times. Since then, I have volunteered for more activities then I had in the past and I enjoy helping out others.

No comments:

Post a Comment