Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pearl Harbor


Since we recently watched a war movie in class, I thought it would be a good idea to share one of my favorite war movies, Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor was filmed in 2001 by one of my favorite producers, Michael Bay. The cast includes big name stars including Ben Affleck, Josh Hartnett, Cuba Gooding Jr, Alec Baldwin, Kate Beckinsale, and Jennifer Garner. This war movie is about the devastating occurrences that happened at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii on December 7, 1941. The Japanese army launched an attack on the U.S. naval base located in the Pacific. Many people were killed and much of the fleet was destroyed except for the important destroyers that happened to be away during the time of the attacks. The movie incorporates drama and a love story as well as an emotional response to the bombings by the Japanese. This movie was viewed by many, considering it was one of the highest-grossing films of 2001, with a gross revenue of $449,220,945.

1 comment:

  1. I haven’t seen this movie but it looks really good and I’ve wanting to watch it for a while now. I love the actors that are in this movie and I’m sure it’ll be a good movie. I can’t wait to see it and I hope I’m not disappointed with the results.

    ReplyDelete